Sunday, October 7, 2007

Module 1

1. Introduce yourself.
Hi everyone! My name is Rebecca and I'm new to the blogging community. I'm your average girl who enjoys spending time with family and friends and loves watching movies and listening to music. I'm a 3rd year college student and Psychology is my major. I love it!!!

2. Share and Summarize the research you did in Step Two (above).

I researched several articles to find out what other people's opinions are on the subject of blogging vs. print journalism. I wasn't too surprised with the results. The majority of people, whether in comments or articles find blogging a much better method and source of information. They seem to view print journalism as outdated and not as beneficial. One article even stated,
"Every day, the print media seems to be the step-child among its media counterparts and the constant butt of jokes" (http://justacrazyjournalist.blogspot.com).

3. State your position on the Project 1 Thesis topic (see STEP 1 above). Also add a bit about why you are initially taking this position. Feel free to add any other initial information or comments in this first blog entry. Examples can be first impressions, prior experience, or any topic related to the material in the text.
I am for the following statement: Blogging has significantly impacted the print journalism industry.
This society is so consumed with whatever is more time efficient. For me personally, blogging, or the Internet as a whole meets that need much better than print journalism. On top of that, blogging can also keep better updates as to news and current events.

1 comment:

Rhi said...

Please don't get offended, but I want to give you a little bit of helpful criticism. When picking colors and font size, you need to think about your readers. I use to experiment with all sorts of fonts, sizes and colors. But my readers were getting annoyed at my fun choices.

Other than that, welcome to the world of blogging. And keep up the good research.